• 1.0 Requirements
  • 2.0 Equipment
  • 3.0 Getting to the locations
  • 4.0 How to kill them
  • 5.0 Time/Xp table

*  6.0 Frequently Asked Questions

1.0 - Requirements

Skills:
-Ranged 80+ (You can train with chinchompa’s at lower levels but it’s slow and a big waste of time and money)
-Prayer 43+ (Level 60+ would be better)

-You must have done some parts of monkey madness.

Note for pures: if you are an under-30-defence-pure, and do not want to take the experience from Daero at the end of the quest, then your only option is to train to 99 range without completing the quest. If you complete the quest, you have to talk to Daero before you can go to Ape Atoll again, and before he lets you, you must accept the experience reward.

Items needed:
-Red Chinchompa's (Ranged 85-99 is 50-60k chimp)
-ALOT of prayer pots
-A good gear (explained later).
-A few other small things like sharks, super anti's, etc.
-Gree gree (optional) (I think one prayer potion is better, just start melee praying when you enter the tunnel and you have 2 dose left when you are at the spot.)
-Holy wrench (optional)

BEFORE you start buying those items, you need to make a choice:
-Training without range boost prayer which means you need more chinchompa's and time but less prayer potions (this is the cheapest way).
OR
-Using ranged boost prayer and buy less chinchompa's, but you will need more prayer pots (this way is faster but also more expensive).

I prefer using Hawk eye boost prayer, you will hit good, and it won't cost much more.

2.0 - Equipment

Your gear should be based on Ranged and Prayer bonus, this is what I use:

Helm: Zamorak, Guthix or Saradomin ranged coif or mitre, Third age range coif, Robin Hood hat, Archer helm, Karils coif.
Body: Black dragonhide body, Third age range body, karils top.
Legs: Black dragonhide chaps, Third age range legs, Karils skirt.
Shield: Zamorak book, Guthix book or Saradomin book.
Gloves: Barrows gloves, Black dragonhide vamps.
Boots: Ranger boots, snakeskin boots, white boots (whiteknight armor -> prayer bonus).
Cape: Zamorak, Guthix or Saradomin cloak, Fire cape, Skill cape, Ava's accumulator.

1.5-2k red chinchompa's if you use range boost prayer.
2-3.5k red chinchompa's if you dont use range boost prayer.

The Inventory:

Taking a Holy wrench is a good idea, it'll give you more prayer points for a prayer potion.

Note: if you have a high prayer bonus you can take less prayer potions and more ranged potions.

3.0 - Getting to the location

Getting there is easy:

(1.)Teleport to Al Kharid.
(2.)Go to Captain Dalbur:

(4.)Go down the ladder and down again:
(Last time you can bank)

(5.)Talk With Daero.

Than talk with Waydar and return to Crash Island.
Now talk with Lumbo and he will bring you to Ape Atoll.

Good job, you're almost at the tunnel.

(6.)Run to the tunnel:

Now before you enter, you must use your gree gree or the melee protection prayer.
(7.)Put RUN on, and here we go:

The red squares are the spots, they are all good, but I really like the third one, since there's a nice space, not alot of traps and it's easy to use. You are ready to start training now.

4.0 - How to kill them

If you don't want to waste your money, you'll have too kill them the right way, don't worry it's not hard to learn.
You need a lot of monkey's and when you start there are only 3-5, but you can get more of them.
After killing the monkeys you will see that they respawn from their own bones every minute.
If there are 5 bones on top of eachother on 1 square, only 1 monkey will spawn at a time so make sure you spread them around. You can only spread them if you keep moving, try to find a spot a, b and maybe c with you back again the wall. This way the monkeys are always at one side of you and you can hit them all:

Sometimes you'll have to choose another spot or just walk around a bit to be able to hit most of the monkeys, but this are the spots I always use.

What attack style should I use?
I've tried both and asked two other people and we all thinks short fuse is the best.

When should I pot?
i did repot +- when one prayer potion is empty, my ranged potion drained 4-5 levels by then.
This could be different if you use another gear and inventory.

About The Skeletons (Monkey's)
You are fighting Skeletons , those undead lvl 142's have 112 hitpoints, give 113 Slayer xp and drop nothing.

How do I make them agressive again?
Run till your location is off the minimap. Run back and the monkeys will be agressive again. After about 1.5 hour, they won't get agressive again unless you run out the tunnel.
Note: when running, watch out for the traps!

Where can i logout or do random events like strange boxes?
Logging isn't easy for things that take less than 15 secs, you could save prayer and run off, if you really need to log, here are some spots (if you have a gree gree, log out as a monkey):

If you log in, and didn't use a gree gree, put on melee protection FAST!

If a monkey isn't attacked for a while it'll turn into "burning bones", sometimes they just do this randomly. Sometimes the "burning bones" develop into 2 monkeys, sometimes they turn into an evil chicken, strange plant or security guard. Personally I kill them. The plants are good because you'll only attack one thing for a while so the other skeles won't pile which is good spawns which will give you more exp.

5.0 - Time/Xp table

This is the xp an hour if you pot when your range pot drained 4-5 ranged level's.

85 = 120-130k xp each hour
86 = 120-130k xp each hour
87 = 120-140k xp each hour
88 = 130-150k xp each hour
89 = 140-160k xp each hour
90 = 150-170k xp each hour
91 = 155-175k xp each hour
92 = 160-180k xp each hour
93 = 165-195k xp each hour
94 = 170-200k xp each hour
95 = 175-205k xp each hour
96 = 180-210k xp each hour
97 = 190-220k xp each hour
98 = 200-230k xp each hour
99 = 210-240k xp each hour

With hawk or eagle prayer it'll be even more (up to 300k xp each hour).

You can do 800-1.5k Red Chinchompa's each hour.

6.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

If you have questions, feel free to post them and I'll try to answer them.

Q: Can you also do this with normal chinchompas?
A: You could, but nope it's not worth it. The xp is not very good so it's a waste of prayer potions. It'd be better use arrows.

Q: Evil chickens use magic attacks and hit me!
A: Yes, but if you don't kill them, you will have to run. If you run you will lose more hp than the chicken will hit you for(Your armour is good against magic attacks, so it won't hit you much).

Q: Can I also train magic here?
A: Yes, it's good xp but it will cost a lot of money. Libum1 did answer this before:

QUOTE(libum1)
it may... few problems. first off when i tried barraging there my experiences were that it messed with the spawns... they spawned weird. and also when you hafta attack the nonagressive ones, if you freeze them they cant attack you.

last part was that multicombat spells only get half the xp you would per damage of a normal spell, well chinchompas they didnt do that compared to other range weps. they just made them hit low. so its actually slower then ranging, but if you mage on defence mode its really good def + hp xp... even if a little expensive.

Q: I have a question: Are there any better multi-combat areas similar to the monkey-cave but are closer to a bank?
A:Nope, not with the same xp, there are people who use bandits for 70 to 85 ranged.but this is a serius waiste of money.

Q: would a Salve Amulet (e) be any good there? It increases your Strength and Accuracy against Undead monsters by 20%. I'm wondering if that works for range ...
A:nope, Salve Amulet (e) only works for melee combat.

[ 本帖最後由 _Armadyl_ 於 31-1-2008 09:37 編輯 ]

評分

參與人數 1樂點 -40 收起 理由
*Ah_馳 -40 it's not the first time for you to brea

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

2#
發表於 29-1-2008 12:50:08 | 只看該作者
點解會唔係中文? 又係抄番黎??? 英文既 guide 好多 oversea 既 forum & website,
都有好多人打左出黎, 如果真係想幫人, 倒不如你自己打一個或者轉做中文比較好,
比我有中文既 guide 我會睇中文多過英文, 至少都容易明同有興趣睇下先...

p.s. 專重資料產權 (copyright)
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

3#
發表於 29-1-2008 13:11:36 | 只看該作者
Hong Kong Forum English Gulide ~ B~A~D~
Do you Some People dont want to "ClIMB WORD"?
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

4#
發表於 29-1-2008 16:39:56 | 只看該作者
http://www.myorc.com/thread295625.html
咪係到扮野,你估我唔知你邊到抄架

[ 本帖最後由 dealyou 於 29-1-2008 16:41 編輯 ]
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

5#
發表於 29-1-2008 16:47:00 | 只看該作者
嘩, david 你真係叻仔, 咁都比你搵到出黎.. 哈哈....;P

抄唔打緊, 不過樓主最好加番係來源自 xxxxx, 唔係一陣又比人嘈樂古有會員抄襲~!!!

[ 本帖最後由 cool_snow 於 29-1-2008 16:51 編輯 ]
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

6#
發表於 29-1-2008 16:49:31 | 只看該作者
原帖由 cool_snow 於 29-1-2008 16:47 發表
嘩, david 你真係叻仔, 咁都比你搵到出黎.. 哈哈....;P

剛剛去左nakuz個網,見到個guide,即刻記得係邊到見過

可惜,佢幾乎篇篇都係抄的

[ 本帖最後由 dealyou 於 29-1-2008 16:55 編輯 ]
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報